Blog mission statement.

This Blog is all about the building and flying of the Correx Mig-7 originally designed by Dave West

http://westaero.wingedshadow.com

The Mig-7 is a scale R/C Aircraft constructed primarily of corrugated plastic and ply wood.



Comments and questions are very welcome.

correxmig7@gmail.com


Monday, November 2, 2009

A good day for a Maiden


Well I thought today (Sunday) is the day I am going to maiden my brand new Mig.

The wind was blowing really hard in town. 25knots reported at the airport.
Great for a Maiden! (So I thought)
Guess what; got to Maitland in a hurry just to find out that the dreaded bubble has struck again. :-(
It’s blowing a Gail in town but nothing out here.
Well the day was not a total loss for me. I spend the morning with the glider guys out at Cuylor Manor at the flat field.
I managed to fly my Siren for the first time. I was quite nervous on takeoff, but should not have worried. She flew straight and level. I only needed to dial in some up and right trim. Plenty of power, point the nose upwards and she rockets up like a home sick angel.
If anything the CG needs to move back a couple of millimeters. The recommended CG is 50 millimeters from the leading edge.
I think that depends on the power train. My setup: Eflite power 15, 80A ESC and a 2200mA 4S lipo.
With the correct CG the Siren is going to be a blast on the Hermanus slope.
I can not wait!!
Markus

No comments:

Post a Comment