Blog mission statement.

This Blog is all about the building and flying of the Correx Mig-7 originally designed by Dave West

http://westaero.wingedshadow.com

The Mig-7 is a scale R/C Aircraft constructed primarily of corrugated plastic and ply wood.



Comments and questions are very welcome.

correxmig7@gmail.com


Friday, April 2, 2010

Washout for stability.

Sean,

Mike from CT here. I am hitting a problem with making my wings. I seem to be building wash in to the wings with horribly snappy, unflyable behaviour resulting.

I use strips of pine about 6 mm thick as the spars and I shape them into a taper from the chord end to wing tip as per the plans. Normal procedure for me is to glue the spar to the bottom of the wing and then make the fold and glue the top of the spar to the top wing skin and close the edges at the same time.

Can you suggest a way I can build in washout each time? I was thinking of placing a 5 mm packing piece under, say the wing Trailing edge near the tip and then gluing a sort of half rib to the wing bopttom skin from the spar back to the TE to fix the washout in BEFORE doing the fold and final stick down.

Think this will work, or have you got a better way?

Cheers

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike:
    I would like to give my 50 cents worth to the subject. Hope you don’t mind Sean.
    I found with all my Mig’s if there is too much elevator deflection applied all the Mig’s tend to snap. Especially if the CG is set a little to far back and also in low wind conditions.
    Mike check your elevators deflection, it might solve your problem. Let us know how you are getting on.
    Markus
    The Mig Team

    ReplyDelete