Blog mission statement.

This Blog is all about the building and flying of the Correx Mig-7 originally designed by Dave West

http://westaero.wingedshadow.com

The Mig-7 is a scale R/C Aircraft constructed primarily of corrugated plastic and ply wood.



Comments and questions are very welcome.

correxmig7@gmail.com


Friday, April 2, 2010











Hi there Mike,
Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Mike, sounds to me you are doing everything correct. The same as I do it. But I do a little something extra to make sure I get the washout required.

I will try explain. Glue the spar to the bottom skin as you do (pic above), until about 150mm from the tip with hot glue. Let that set, cool, then put your hand, finger, under the TE (next pic), keeping the LE and the rest of the wing, flat on the table,…glue the remaining 150mm of spar to the bottom wing skin. I have never measured the amount of “hand or finger” you “put in” to give me washout, but use plenty, as it always diminishes when you glue the top skin……as you do. I have never used any form of rib in the wing, but that does not mean it won’t work.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more!!

Regards

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment